Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwibber Won't Add, Resizes a lot

Beans

Gwibber Won't Add, Resizes a lot

I can't add any profiles into Gwibber. It won't let me click the add button and whenever I click anywhere in the Gwibber box (at all) it resizes sporadically.

Terminal said:

** (gwibber:3940): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowState' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber:3940): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowActions' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber:3940): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowMoveResizeMask' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

Suggestions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Gwibber Won't Add, Resizes a lot

Whenever I try and add one of my facebook accounts. I "add" it then it says success. Then it doesn't put it on the little sidebar. The empathy client is working for me though. I still wanna see status's and crap. I NEED HALP!

Beans

I'll join the parade of users having problems with gwibber... I can add my twitter account just fine, but I can't add a facebook account. If I try launching gwibber from the terminal, I see a whole mess of errors popping up:

Code:
    ** (gwibber:24203): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowState' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber:24203): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowActions' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber:24203): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowMoveResizeMask' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
    Updating...
    Updating...

** (gwibber-accounts:24246): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowState' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber-accounts:24246): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowActions' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (gwibber-accounts:24246): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'WnckWindowMoveResizeMask' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
    Updating...
    Saving...
    Could not identify preference: username
    Could not identify preference: session_key
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gwibber/accounts.py", line 184, in on_edit_account_save
        self.get_account_data()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gwibber/accounts.py", line 353, in get_account_data
        aId = "%s-%s" % (self.account["protocol"], self.account["username"])
    KeyError: 'username'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool Re: Gwibber Won't Add, Resizes a lot

I am have tried on 2 different clean installs to register my wife's account, and it wouldn't work. I was stuck on the Add button. Everything else with Facebook would confirm, but then I could not Add the account.
    Strangely, my account was added to both clean installs easily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have the same issue with trying to register FB.
    Main: Core2Duo 6600 + 4GB Ram + NV GeForce 210 1GB -

Tea with Milk and Ubuntu 12.04 64bit powered =P

Beans

I'm in the same situation on three different systems...

Beans

Smile Re: Gwibber Won't Add, Resizes a lot

I was having similar problems, but today was able to fix things enough to post to Facebook and view messages, etc.

I updated Lucid using the Update Manager (rather than waiting for prompts to update). After this, I was able to successfully add my Facebook account to Gwibber.

At first I did have issues where it seemed my facebook updates weren't being registered, though I discovered afterwards these were mistakenly added to one of my Twitter accounts (though I had explicitly chosen to update with Facebook each time).

To resolve this, I disabled "post messages" for that Twitter account and made sure the settings for my FB account enabled me to post. Since then all has been working just fine.

Hope this may help others solve the issue too - I was incredibly frustrated at being unable to use this feature until now - it's one of the things which excited me most about Lucid!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I join the heap of people sick to death of this absolutely abysmal program.
    Still hoping a distribution will one day be called "Stylish Skunk"...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

same here.. this program was hyped quite a bit when Lucid was released.. but its never worked properly for me. I just cannot add any account even after updating.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by powersurge360 View Post
    I can't add any profiles into Gwibber. It won't let me click the add button and whenever I click anywhere in the Gwibber box (at all) it resizes sporadically.
    I couldn't add facebook until I first added my twitter account (which prompted to unlock my gnome keyring). See also:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/gwibber/+bug/595265

I also got annoying resizes while trying to add accounts - the bottom of the window frequently was off my screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast