Thread: hOW TO INSTALL REALTEK RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Drivers 9.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Question hOW TO INSTALL REALTEK RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Drivers 9.04

I need the drivers and the How To Install for the same,

02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Controller (rev 22)
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)

The only way I can use my Wi Fi is by using the command line "sudo ifconfig eth0 down"
    I try to do something with Realtek WHebsite - This is what I got:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Downloads=true

I do not know how to make it work. Help is needed.
    Ubuntu user # 15899

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: hOW TO INSTALL REALTEK RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Drivers 9.04

Quote Originally Posted by El Viejo Lobo View Post
    I need the drivers and the How To Install for the same,

02:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Controller (rev 22)
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)

The only way I can use my Wi Fi is by using the command line "sudo ifconfig eth0 down"
    I try to do something with Realtek WHebsite - This is what I got:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Downloads=true

I do not know how to make it work. Help is needed.
    I have the same problem. My wifi is not working. Using Karmic on Toshiba Satellite L 515 with RTL8101E/RTL8102E card.

Hope somebody will help
    Last edited by angellika; November 15th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Beans

I'm having the exact same issue with an MSI Wind using the RTL8101E driver. I simply cannot get any driver to work now that I've upgraded to Karmic.

Beans

Having similar problems,

Have yet to test wireless with Karmic, however,noticed problem with LAN after an 8.10 kernel update. I have a MSi Wind U120.

ifconfig would show I am connected, but I would be unable to ping or resolve anything. Oddly, if I clicked on the Network manager icon on the panel, it would show "device not managed." Every time after reboot, I will have to right click it, then edit connections, add it and put in my MAC address. Then if I run an ifdown eth0 & ifup eth0. All of sudden it will work again.

Any advice appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I just went through this with my rtl8192e chipset in my toshiba L500 laptop.

What i did was went to realtek's website and sent an e-mail to their tech support kindly asking them if they had any linux native drivers for my wireless. To my surprise, a few hours later they e-mailed me back with a driver attached.

It was an older driver and wouldn't compile in karmic with the newer kernel, so I e-mailed them again with a list of my compile errors and the next day they e-mailed me again with a newer driver, and it's working like a charm right now.

Send their tech support an e-mail with your install version, kernel version, and tell them you have the 8187se wireless chipset and see if they get back to you. I was pleasantly surprised, I figured it would be a typical tech support non response but they were right on the ball.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-PWB- View Post
    I just went through this with my rtl8192e chipset in my toshiba L500 laptop.

What i did was went to realtek's website and sent an e-mail to their tech support kindly asking them if they had any linux native drivers for my wireless. To my surprise, a few hours later they e-mailed me back with a driver attached.

It was an older driver and wouldn't compile in karmic with the newer kernel, so I e-mailed them again with a list of my compile errors and the next day they e-mailed me again with a newer driver, and it's working like a charm right now.

Send their tech support an e-mail with your install version, kernel version, and tell them you have the 8187se wireless chipset and see if they get back to you. I was pleasantly surprised, I figured it would be a typical tech support non response but they were right on the ball.
    Thanks for help :7

I wrote to the Reatlek and they sad that driver for my kernel 2.6.31 is not ready yet. So I have to wait to be ready .o0

Beans

can anyone send me the email of toshiba tech support? cos i can't find it ...

Beans

I have the same card and need help getting it t owork!!

Beans

bump..