Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] pygtk = python-gtk?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: pygtk = python-gtk?

akiratheoni, you have two python executables on your system: /usr/bin/python and /usr/local/bin/python. /usr/local/bin/python is an incomplete installation. The problem is that
    /usr/local/bin/python is your default python, so when comix calls python, it is getting /usrl/local/bin/python which does not include pygtk.

Let's try renaming /usr/local/bin/python. This will make /usr/bin/python the default python and then comix should work. Let me know if anything else breaks... reverting is easy, or we might be able to fix it by adding the necessary modules to the /usr/bin (default Hardy) python installation.

Code:
    cd /usr/local/bin
    sudo mv python python-broken
    That's it. Now see if comix works.

If after this change, you find that everything else continues to work, then you might want to think about deleting /usr/local/bin/python and the rest of the incomplete installation. Knowing how it was installed would be helpful at that stage, because whatever installed it might come with an uninstall script.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: pygtk = python-gtk?

THANK YOU! It works!!

I'm gonna go and thank all of your posts, you've been a great help.

I don't think I'll delete the incomplete installation though. Intrepid is right around the corner so I'll be doing a fresh install when it's released and the problem will be gone. Thank you soooo much though. Saves me a lot of time because I had to boot up a Windows XP virtual machine for another comic reader to use.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Red face Re: [SOLVED] pygtk = python-gtk?

THANKS!

Worked for me exaile and tucan were not opening. I tryed to update to 2.6, but it never works.

I'm glad that those programs back to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: [SOLVED] pygtk = python-gtk?

Thanks. It solved my problem too.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: [SOLVED] pygtk = python-gtk?

Hi,

After I renamed broken python folder, I was able to resolve a similar problem. Thank you very much...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123