Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi osarusan,

I think the command is:
    Code:
    xsetwacom get stylus ToolSerial
    Which returns 0 for me. But if I try:
    Code:
    xsetwacom getdefault stylus ToolSerial
    I get -1. I think the first one is right.

To use multiple styli try this wiki: http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Wacom
    Hi Favux,

Thanks for the reply!

Code:
    xsetwacom get stylus ToolSerial
    returned 94379391 for me... which is actually different from the serial number listed in wacomcpl... Hmmm. But it appears to work when I tell xorg to use that number for stylus0. Do you think this is correct?

However, for stylus1, I'm having less luck. Using the method described at the site you sent me, I thought I discovered the serial number of my art pen to be 90178677. However, after entering it into xorg and relogging in, it seems my computer can find stylus0 but not stylus1. Wacomcpl also returns stylus0 but not stylus1... Mysterious. Any ideas?

--Edit--

I figured it out. I had to set stylus1 to sendcoreevents. Now it shows up in wacomcpl with a separate serial number. I'm still clueless as to why the serial numbers displayed in wacomcpl are different than the ones in xsetwacom, but it appears to be working correctly. I haven't tested it in GIMP yet, but I'll do that in a few minutes, and if there are any problems I'll come back here and post them.
    Last edited by osarusan; October 18th, 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Wacom in 8.04 Hardy

Hi 10hp,

Great! It sounds like you're set up. You're welcome.

Hi osarusan,

Good deal. If you get it working in Gimp etc., could you expand on how you set things up a little? You're the first person who's asked that question (as you noted) that I'm aware of.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi osarusan,

Good deal. If you get it working in Gimp etc., could you expand on how you set things up a little? You're the first person who's asked that question (as you noted) that I'm aware of.
    Sure, it was really easy actually. Once I had stylus0 and stylus1 defined in my xorg.conf, I was able to see both of them in Gimp, and set them both up normally.

I use the basic wacom pen for drawing, and I set it to have a stronger presscurve setting, while the art pen I use for painting, and it has a lighter presscurve setting. Gimp remembers each pen separately, including the color they last used, the brush they last used, and so on. Quite nice, actually.

Beans
    Distro

Hi osarusan,

That does sound nice!

Beans
    Distro

Hey Favux, here's another question. I think there was a discussion on this a long while back, but I can't seem to find it.

Since my tablet is also a monitor, if I happen to turn off the monitor, the tablet turns off as well. When I turn the monitor back on, the tablet acts like it was just re-plugged in. Unfortunately this means it "forgets" the settings in my xorg.conf and acts like a new tablet, stretching across both my monitors and forgetting my customized pressure settings, etc.

Aside from "just don't turn off my monitor," is there any way that you know of to keep my tablet active? Or to have the computer remember the tablet's settings when it's reconnected, instead of treating it as a new device?

Beans
    Distro

Hi osarusan,

Seems like a hardware shortcoming. Why didn't they make it so you could turn off the LCD without turning off the digitizer?

Well, as you know that's what the .fdi is supposedly for.

I don't really know. A quick google didn't turn up much, but I probably don't know the right key words.

You can't really do it through xorg.conf. The manual I use for writing udev rules talks about being able to call a program from a udev rule so I guess you could. The program you'd call would be a script that duplicates the xorg.conf with xsetwacom rules. You could pattern it on the old wdaemon. That's the old hot plug daemon that they made for wacom tablets to use before Xorg supported hot plugging in Intrepid/Jaunty. Seems pretty complicated. Or maybe if you got lucky it would be just a simple symlink rule in udev that could intercept the Cintiq hot plug with a callout to the xsetwacom script, but still.

Beans

Followed the instructions substituting 0.8.5 for the version (the latest as of today) but was unable to get the system to recognize the Bamboo. The Wacom Bamboo model number is CTL-460. There is no wacom in /dev/input.

$ ls /dev/input/
    by-id event1 event12 event2 event5 event8 mouse0 mouse3
    by-path event10 event13 event3 event6 event9 mouse1 mouse4
    event0 event11 event14 event4 event7 mice mouse2 uinput

but it does appear in the USB list:

$ lsusb | grep Wacom
    Bus 005 Device 004: ID 056a:00d4 Wacom Co., Ltd

And there is no /dev/ttyUSB0.

Beans
    Distro

Hi mortamus,

Two problems.

To compile 0.8.5 you might want to try this HOW TO.

The second is your Bamboo Pen is not yet supported by linuxwacom. We are working on adding support in this thread here. Ayuthia has basic stylus working (which is what you need) with the wcm_working_patch here. He gives instructions on applying the patches to linuxwacom 0.8.4-3 there to. And you can find a .fdi or xorg.conf here.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro

Woot! I've got hotplugging working now. Favux, you were a big help. I had previously beed quite afraid of the wacom.fdi, but it wasn't too tricky. It took some trial-and-error, but I've got dual-monitor hot plugging supporting working *almost* perfectly using this custom fdi file:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">

<device>
        <match key="input.x11_driver" contains="wacom">
          <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="stylus">
            <merge key="input.x11_options.USB" type="string">on</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.TPCButton" type="string">off</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.KeepShape" type="string">off</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Threshold" type="string">1</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.PressCurve" type="string">5,0,100,95</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.MMonitor" type="string">off</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.TwinView" type="string">horizontal</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.TVResolution" type="string">1600x1200,1680x1050</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.ScreenNo" type="string">0</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Serial" type="string">94379391</merge>
          </match>
        </match>
          <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="eraser">
            <merge key="input.x11_options.KeepShape" type="string">off</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.PressCurve" type="string">0,5,95,100</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.TVResolution" type="string">1600x1200,1680x1050</merge>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device>

<!--device>
          <match key="input.x11_options.Type" contains="stylus">
            <merge key="input.x11_options.KeepShape" type="string">on</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.PressCurve" type="string">0,5,95,100</merge>
            <merge key="input.x11_options.Serial" type="string">90178677</merge>
          </match>
        </match>
      </device-->

</deviceinfo>
    I say *almst* perfectly because it only works for the first stylus. As you can see, I have an entry commented out for the second stylus there. When it's not commented out, HAL overrules the first stylus with the rules for the second one, meaning that *only* my second stylus is usable. So for now, I have it set so only my first stylus is usable.

I know that I have to give them separate names somehow... but I'm not sure how to do that. Back in xorg is was easy enough to do with the Identifier tag, but in with the fdi I can't seem to figure out where to do that.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the differences between the match and merge entries, but at this point, it's Greek to me.

I'm also not sure if I need to enter anything for the "pad" entry that I had in xorg... that's for the custom buttons on the tablet. Also, do I need to do anything to replace the "SendCoreEvents" entries that used to be in xorg?

Beans
    Distro

Hi osarusan,

You're in Jaunty right? Can you attach the working xorg.conf where you had both styli working?

Also, do I need to do anything to replace the "SendCoreEvents" entries that used to be in xorg?
    No. Everything Wacom related can/should be removed from the xorg.conf.

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast