Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Wacom in 8.04 Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Wacom in 8.04 Hardy

Hi oc666,

I'm afraid you're lost. This thread seems more for folks who have wacom drawing tablets, not people who have tablet pc's. I was reading through the thread for useful information when I happened onto Thorn Striff, who also seemed lost and now seems to have disappeared.

First to get the tablet part of your tablet pc working I suggest
    doing gali98's wacom tutorial for tablet pc's found here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...47#post5469447
    or follow the shortened version posted on this thread:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=845911&page=39
    and follow the instructions exactly using the latest linuxwacom development driver 0.8.1-6 since you're using Intrepid (8.10).

Try to find TX2500 and TX2000 threads to follow. For instance:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=845911
    where on the last few pages I have been trying to walk tah123 through my rotation how to at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830

I hope this helps some.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Wacom in 8.04 Hardy

hi everyone!

I followed this guide and it worked just fine right from the beginning. I installed a bamboo one and I had a lot of fun drawing for some weeks, then, I stopped using the tablet for a couple of weeks and today I took it up again to draw, but it doesn't work.

Now, the cursor only moves when I use the mouse, whereas just after the installation I could use both mouse and pen at the same time.
    the problem is I never touched anything in the wacom setting since the installation, more to it I merely did the basic security updates on Hardy and nothing more on this pc!

just as a first check today I rebooted the pc and I saw that the tablet is recognized as a USB input device. I also checked xorg.conf, but the settings are the same as when I set them during the installation.

Is it a problem about the configuration?
    How can I have my pen working again? what else can I do?
    Please, help me, because I am totally at a loss with the console!

Beans

I can only get this far cp: cannot stat `linuxwacom-0.8.0-3/src/2.6.24/wacom.ko': No such file or directory

I all ready had xorg.conf done so I skipped it don't know if this makes a difference.
    Thanks for the How To

Beans

Thanks neko18 I finally got my tablet working. It took a couple of tries, but it is working now.

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO: Wacom in 8.04 Hardy

neko18

many thanks for the HOWTO on wacom tablets. For me it worked like magic. I now have my Graphire4 running as smooth as butter.

Have yet to get GIMP to understand the eraser & pen buttons.

kanwarjit

[QUOTE=neko18;4785779]Wacom on 8.04 Hardy

Beans

Is there someway to get new settings in waconcpl to stick? Every time I do either restatX or switch users the settings revert to default.
    I've noticed that you can't set new settings for the cursor, eraser or stylus I get an error message that they are core devices no changes can be made. It worked fine in Gusty but not in Hardy.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sawer; December 13th, 2008 at 02:45 AM.

Beans

@welldone101

I had the same error, the problem is the entire line doesn't print. If your trying to print out this thing and then type it in, your not going to be able to. You have to copy and paist it. The line scolls over quite a bit, when you paist it its like 3 lines long. You will have that problem again later. I hit my head against the same wall for 10 minutes.
    Last edited by MGaddict2000; December 23rd, 2008 at 11:53 AM.

Beans

Well, this thread has gotten wildly out of hand it looks like, its very hard to find what I'm looking for. From what I see, a lot of people have complained about wacomcpl not working and just brushing it off. I'm getting a different error from other people. But a lot are having a lot of different errors, which leads e to believe there is an inherent problem with wacomcpl all together. I have a Tablet PC and have been trying to get wacomcpl to work for a while, at least now its listing my stylus. although the calibration pops up an error

unknown device "stylus" or it is currently a core device
    unknown device "stylus" or it is currently a core device
    while executing
    "wacomxi::bindevent .topleft.m $device <ButtonRelease> {calibrationSequence 0 %0 %1}"
    (procedure "startCalibration" line 20)
    invoked from within
    "startCalibration"
    (procedure "Calibration" line 22)
    invoked from within
    "Calibration"
    invoked from within
    ".panel.calibrate invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
    "tk::ButtonUp .panel.calibrate"
    (command bound to event)
    So I'm moving in the right direction just still not there. If somebody can suggest a solution here great, otherwise I'm going to repost this on a new thread. The solution may be in this thread already but its imposible to follow any of them because its just to huge. Mabey I'm viewing it wrong. I don't know.

Beans

I just follow the steps and my wacom Bamboo doesn't work at all.

I have the following error:

doctormapache@Skydine:~/wacom$ sudo cp linuxwacom-0.8.0-3/src/2.6.24/wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko
    cp: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre «linuxwacom-0.8.0-3/src/2.6.24/wacom.ko»: No existe el fichero ó directorio

I attached the file with the outputs that you asked for.

Thnaks beforehand:
    DM
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Doctor Mapache; December 31st, 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Beans

neko18, thanks, worked first time for me with a Bamboo One

Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast