Thread: "merging" accounts

Beans

Question "merging" accounts

Hi,

Today I used `cyprian-guerra` SSO instead of `cyprys`.
    Can you delete the ubuntuforums account I created today (cyprian-guerra) entirely so I could associate it's respective e-mail address with this ubuntuforums account (cyprys) and log in with the same SSO again?
    I have credentials to both of those and can answer to your PM from whichever you like.

Cheers,
    Cyprian Guerra

P.s. Out of curiosity: will I ever be able to merge SSO accounts?
    Cheers,
    Cyprian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: "merging" accounts

We don't delete accounts.

We can deal with e-mail changes for the other account if you want to change cyprys's mail address, this I have done

SSO accounts are nothing to do with us I'm afraid.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    (...)if you want to change cyprys's mail address, this I have done
    You said you've done this but when I go to [http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editpassword settings] there's still my old e-mail address, the one associated with my old SSO (the one I am currently logged in with to post this message - cyprys). Could you, please, do it? Do you need me to authorise something? I'm trying to migrate this service (ubuntuforums) to the new SSO (cyprian-guerra). AFAIU you can "cut" e-mail address from cyprian-guerra, and "paste" it over the one associated with cyprys, so I could log out and log in with cyprian-guerra and still preserve all my threads, posts, etc., from cyprys. Normally I would add another e-mail address to cyprian-guerra SSO but it doesn't let me.
    Cheers,
    Cyprian

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You said you wanted to use this account.

I have made the mail address available to you - you can change the mail for this cyprys account yourself.

What you will NOT be able to do is move the beans etc associated with this account to another one.

What you do at SSO is of no concern to us.

Beans

I'm not sure we're getting anywhere. Thank you for your help so far but please, bear with me for this last attempt to explain.

There are four accounts involved: two ubuntu forums (UF) accounts, two single sign on (SSO) accounts.

1. SSO:cyprys (cythrus@gmail.com)
    2. SSO:cyprian-guerra (cyprian.guerra@gmail.com)
    3. UF:cyprys (before: cythrus@gmail.com, currently changed to: cyprian.guerra@gmail.com)
    4. UF:cyprian-guerra (cyprian.guerra@gmail.com)

I don't care for UF:cyprian-guerra - it's been created today by mere accident and it is empty, however, it is also tangled/bonded to SSO:cyprian-guerra. What I actually wanted to do from the beginning (and still want to) is to log into my old UF:cyprys account with my new SSO:cyprian-guerra account. Although with your help I managed to change the e-mail address on UF:cyprys account to cyprian.guerra@gmail.com (the primary e-mail address of SSO:cyprian-guerra), I still cannot log into UF:cyprys with SSO:cyprian-guerra as when I try it immediately redirects me to UF:cyprian-guerra's control panel. That's why I asked you to delete UF:cyprian-guerra before - since you cannot do that, can you somehow untangle UF:cyprian-gerra from SSO:cyprian-guerra so I could use it to log into UF:cyprys?

I don't know how to explain it better.
    I'm sorry to be a hustle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

cyprian-guerra is disabled/disassociated and has a different e-mail address - there is nothing else that we can do - you need to talk to sso admins now, not us.