Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wicd + WPA = Connection Failed, Bad Password?

Beans

Smile Re: Wicd + WPA = Connection Failed, Bad Password?

This is that work for me.

After try the last versions from the original ubuntu repos of network manager and wicd, change router configuration and wpa_supplicant without any positive results to connect to my house wireless, then I decide to update the kernel version of my notebook from 2.6.32.xx to 2.6.35.22 and congratulations that work.

Some Data:
    Distro: Ubuntu 10.04
    Notebook: Sony Vaio VGN-N320E
    Router: Linksys WRT160N V3

Steps to kernel update:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Some more:
    Both WiCd & network manager work perfectly after update.

Before the error I have as police accept all automatically updates from ubuntu, but now I put much attention to the updates before accept it's. The old police take me to much nightmare.

Now I enjoy my wifi !!!!
    Last edited by diego73; March 8th, 2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: make more cleary

Beans

Re: Wicd + WPA = Connection Failed, Bad Password?

Hi,
    First message here, I got same error when sometimes the network essid contain special characters such as ' .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Wicd + WPA = Connection Failed, Bad Password?

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12