Beans

Re: DWA-125 Wifi issue in 10.04 LTS

ok its removed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

FATAL: Module rt3070sta not found.
    Evidently rt3070sta was removed from Lucid 10.04. As there is no known simple solution, we are going to try an experiment. Please do:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    Remove these lines:
    Code:
    blacklist rt2800usb
    blacklist rt2x00usb
    blacklist rt2x00lib
    Next, do:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/network_drivers.rules
    Change the file as I have highlighted to remove rt3070sta and add in rt2800usb:
    Code:
    ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="07d1", ATTR{idProduct}=="3c16", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe -qba rt2800usb"
    Now do:
    Code:
    sudo gedit etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf
    Amend to:
    Code:
    install rt2800usb /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install rt2800usb $CMDLINE_OPTS; /bin/echo "07d1 3c16" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rt2800/new_id
    Proofread all changes carefully, being sure to click Save before you close gedit.

Reboot and let us know the outcome.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

this is really weird, So I got through most of the code. but right when I did sudo gedit etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf it opened in gedit and their was nothing in the file, no text at all. so I proceed to enter "install rt2800usb /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install rt2800usb $CMDLINE_OPTS; /bin/echo "07d1 3c16" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rt2800/new_id" and then press save. Well on the top it says "Could not find the file /home/net-op/etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf." in Red. So I navigate through the explorer Home/net-op/etc/modprobe.d and in the modprobe.d folder their is "network_drivers.conf. Weird right.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

"Could not find the file /home/net-op/etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf."
    It is NOT supposed to be in /home/net-op/etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf. It is supposed to be in /etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf. There is a difference. Please retrace your steps and make any needed corrections.

This is also incorrect: sudo gedit etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf

It is supposed to be sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/network_drivers.conf

Again, there is a crucial difference. Please proofread carefully.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

ok so i tryed what you said to do here only dif is mine is 07d1:3c0d and i changed it in the line of code I fallowed you gidence chili for 9.10 and got my DWA 124 working but i still cant get it to work in 10.4
    Last edited by bfh80; May 5th, 2010 at 06:24 AM.

Beans

Dear user,
    I read all this topic from start to the end.
    I have the same adapter as you. I think you must completely demolished your systems default configuration by trying various commands and modification. But you can start a new approach by using Ubuntu 10.04 live CD and repeat all commands in it. Once you tried it, you may see the USB adapter will start blinking by defaut. If not, You can test it with a windows (I'm sorry but this may be last chance!) to see if it's really working or some chips are burnt in it! If it starts to blink, it means that 10.04 is recognized your adapter as a rt2800 thing.
    Now we need to black list 2800 driver to prevent ubuntu recognize our adapter as a 2800 one.
    The second problem is that Ubuntu has no other drivers for it!
    Please tell me if you solve this issue.
    Thanks

Beans

oct 2sd i,m stuck with my dwa-125 wifi usb dlink adaptor im on 10.o4 ubuntu im a real NEWBE my wireles connection is actived ok but shows the wrong ip address here what its says when i click on network manager applet when its conncted

INTERFACE 802.11 WIFI (WLAN0) OK
    MAC ADDRESS HARDWARE ITS MINE OK
    DRIVER RT2800USB WRONG MINE IS RTD2870 INSTALLED OK
    SPEED UNKNOWN
    IP ADDRESS 10.42.43.1 WRONG MINE IS 192....
    BROADCAST IP 10.42.43.255 ...... WRONG MINE IS DIFFERENT 192....
    SUBNETMASK 255.255.255.0 ----- OK

ALSO WHEN I COMMAND ON THE TERMINAL IPCONF ITS SAYS PCI SYS

TKS ! MY QUESTIONS HOW CAN I DESACTIVATE THE PCI LAN DRIVER INSTALL BY DEFAULT ON 10.04 UBUNTU

Beans

DEAR ARIO ! How can I black list this stupid rt2800 driver installed by default on the ubuntu 10.04 this driver is stopping me to activate correctly my dwa -125 usb adapter
    rest is workink ok my dlink dwa 125- driver .inf is already installed with the ndisgtk app (When i ask the windows drivers install it shows my dwa-125 driver installed correctly so is it because my computer used to be connected with a pci ethernet card bcause i dont have any output plug-in for that ? many tks johnc_del@hotmail.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by johnsuffer View Post
    DEAR ARIO ! How can I black list this stupid rt2800 driver installed by default on the ubuntu 10.04 this driver is stopping me to activate correctly my dwa -125 usb adapter
    rest is workink ok my dlink dwa 125- driver .inf is already installed with the ndisgtk app (When i ask the windows drivers install it shows my dwa-125 driver installed correctly so is it because my computer used to be connected with a pci ethernet card bcause i dont have any output plug-in for that ? many tks johnc_del@hotmail.com
    Wow man! I must first tell you that I tried ndiswrapper and the desired driver and it demolished my system! The original windows driver will not work on linux. You can see the resold of dmesg command for that.
    Here I created a post for this problem and other problem too.
    In this address I finally figured out how to compile, install and modprobe the opensource driver downloaded from ralink website and sort it to work properly:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=12

There I described to blacklist you must add those mentioned lines at the end of a file named /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf not by entering commands directly. You can simply enter this command to open that file and write blacklists there:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    This is for the black list thing.
    Now after compiling and installing the linux driver, the main problem is that Network-manager will not support WPA security. Which is the only really secure option for wireless in Ubuntu!
    please let me now if you figured that out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123