Thread: lirc + Soundgraph iMON VFD + Ubuntu LTS 10.04 Beta 1 (64bit)

Threaded View

Beans

[SOLVED] lirc + Soundgraph iMON VFD + Ubuntu LTS 10.04 Beta 1 (64bit)

EDIT: Solution in #3 (At least in my case)

Hi all

I have just build a HTPC and decided to give Ubuntu a try.

Hardware:

Case: OrigenAE M10 (With a Soundgraph iMON IR/VFD)
    CPU: Intel Core i3 530
    Motherboard: Intel DH57JG
    RAM: 2 x 2GB Kingston ValueRAM
    SSD: Intel X25-M 80GB

My first attempt at Ubuntu was 9.10 (64bit). Installed without any problems at all, but as soon as I booted and GNOME loaded, the whole thing would lock up (no mouse or keyboard response).

Second attempt was 10.04 Beta 1 (64bit). Installed and everything seems to be working just fine.

Only problem so far is that I just can't figure out how to make lirc work with my iMON IR/VFD.

Well... That's not entirely true

I started searching for a solution and I found a lot of different solutions to the problem. After about 10 or 12 attempts I finally made it work. The LCD worked (lcdproc) and irw (and mode2) responded when I pressed the remote-buttons.

I wrote down the solution and reinstalled the entire system (messed around with a lot of other things).

The sad part is that the solution I found didn't work after all. The solution must have been some combination of all my attempts, but I have no idea what I have to do to make it work again

I have read that the iMON VFD device (ID: 15c2:0036) can be a real problem under Linux and now I know. But at least I KNOW it can work, just don't know HOW I did it)

Has anyone else made it work? I'm all out of ideas right now, and starting to get real frustrated...
    Last edited by mbulow; March 29th, 2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Problem solved