Thread: Failure to log on? and How do I get rid of pass word screen

Beans

Failure to log on? and How do I get rid of pass word screen

I have been a happy user of Ubunto for the last 2 years. every thing changed after I upgraded to the new 9.10. It seems great but I can't use it becasue of my inability to log into the system.

From the start I asked to be log me automatically without the need to put in my pass word but the system keeps ignoring that and asks for a pass word, which it turns and simply does NOT accept. The circle leads to no where. I used to have one successful logging in every 10 attempts but now, I am locked out. I have istalted 9.10 five times in 3 days.

Apparently I am not the only one who is having this problem and there are numerous threads that talk about it. Screen resulotion seems to be part of the problem/solution and I kind noticed that in my case also. Another solution suggested was to reset the pass word which was not helpful at all.

I'll be happy if some one suggest a fix for either one of the 2 problems
    1) get rid of pass word which I don't need
    2)allow the system to accept my pass word

I am looking into other linux programs to keep beside Ubunto. Thanks for your wounderful work and I hope this thing gets sorted out.

Beans

Re: Failure to log on? and How do I get rid of pass word screen

Since my last post above I have down loaded ubuntu twice with similar results. The new 9.10 version is dysfunctional as far as I am concerned. I spent too much time and I am staying away from ubuntu until the next release.