Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.04 battery indicator / power management borked after resuming from suspend

Beans

Re: 11.04 battery indicator / power management borked after resuming from suspend

Ah HA! It's not a kernel problem at all, but a GPM one. Go figure.
    gpm-engine.c has an extra line that causes the battery to be added twice. Look for 16-fix-duplicate-battery.patch for details!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: 11.04 battery indicator / power management borked after resuming from suspend

Quote Originally Posted by tntc View Post
    Ah HA! It's not a kernel problem at all, but a GPM one. Go figure.
    gpm-engine.c has an extra line that causes the battery to be added twice. Look for 16-fix-duplicate-battery.patch for details!
    As of now the bug is partially fixed. Instead of duplicate batteries, now there are two items listed: the actual battery, and a blank row. This results in my laptop suspending because the battery is "critically low" when it is not.
    Laptops: Dell Latitude D620, Ubuntu 11.04 | MacBook Pro Santa Rosa, OS X 10.6 | HP Mini 10, Ubuntu 11.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by compuguy1088 View Post
    As of now the bug is partially fixed. Instead of duplicate batteries, now there are two items listed: the actual battery, and a blank row. This results in my laptop suspending because the battery is "critically low" when it is not.
    Same here...has anybody found a fix for this yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I haven't found anything, but it seems that if you are affected by this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/852406 mark it and follow it in launchpad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12